Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Package of Thoughtfulness!

I just got a package in the mail from Doug, Kate, Eli, and Mariana! Eli's drawing of Lake Atitlan now hangs on my fridge next to the painting that Gaby made for me as a going away gift when I left Guatemala five years ago. Thank you both for the beautiful artwork that reminds me what life is about.






Another thing in the package was this mug! It is a symbol of generosity and connectedness. Doug and Kate gave me my first handmade ceramic mug about 7 years ago. It was made by Simon Levin. When I moved back from Guatemala it became the mug I would always reach for. As I was just starting to learn to make pots I learned SO much from it. After about 3 years of use it somehow got pushed to one side of my cupboard and when I opened the other side it fell out and broke. I've been watching for a large mug made by Simon, but hadn't found one. Today this arrived in the mail - a large Simon mug that Doug and Kate had! I was so touched and excited . . . Thank you to Simon for making it, and to Doug and Kate for giving me another mug to learn from that has layers of memories attached to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment